[CBT Bulletin] Weekly e-mail bulletin

Beth Tefilah Office office at bethtefilah.org
Thu Jul 10 16:48:28 EDT 2014

Shabbat Shalom!

Kiddush:
Contributors to the July 12, 2014 Potluck Kiddush are Judah, Lyadski,
Guslits, Richards, and Gurkow families.

Candle Lighting - 8:46 pm, July 11, 2014
Havdalah  -  9:56 pm, July 12, 2014

Tuesday, July 15, 2014
    Fast begins      3:38 am
    Morning Service  7:00 am
    Evening Service  8:30 pm
    Fast ends        9:53 pm

Tuesday, July 15, is the fast of the seventeenth of Tamuz:
 From this day forward for the next three weeks we observe a period of
mourning for the destruction of the Temple. Our mourning indicates the
pain that we experience when we contemplate this loss. We avoid
scheduling weddings, listening to leisure music and purchasing luxury
items during this time. This period extends until after Tuesday, August
5, the ninth of Av. The last nine days of this period, begin on Monday
July 28, the restrictions, during these nine days, intensify as we avoid
pleasure bathing as well as meat and wine during the weekday. This
period culminates with the fast of the ninth of Av which begins at
sunset on Monday, August 4and concludes at nightfall on Tuesday August
5. May we merit the coming of Moshiach before this period begins.

Talmud Class:
Rabbi Lazer teaches Talmud every Sunday morning after services at
approximately 9:45am. Current study is Baba Metziah Chapter 5.

Parsha Class:
Rabbi Lazer teaches a Parsha Class at Congregation Beth Tefilah every
Wednesday at 7:30pm.

Condolences:
With sadness we inform you of the passing of Saul Benjamin David
Fridman, son of Dr Gerald and Janet Fridman. The funeral will be held at
Logan Funeral home on Monday July 14 at 2:30 pm.

The family will sit Shiva at the Fridman family home, 1025 Brough St.
#3. Morning services will be held at Beth Tefilah at 7:00 AM. Evening
services will be held at the Fridman home at 8:30 PM.

Condolences:
With sadness we inform you of the passing of Robin Tugender’s father,
Farrand (Yehoshua Falik) Miller. The funeral took at Congregation
Agudath Israel in Ottawa, on Tuesday, July 8 at 11:00 am.

Shiva will be held at the home of Robin’s mother, Mrs. Joyce Miller,
1000 Castle Hill Cres. #1801. Visiting hours are 2 - 4 pm and 7 - 9 pm.
The family welcomes your calls throughout the day, but prefers not to be
called during visiting hours. The number to call is (613) 695-7907.

Yahrzeit - Week of July 13 - 19 :
*Bev Zaifman for her father, Morton Taller, 17 Tamuz (Mon./Tues.)
*Irwin Finestone for his father, Benny Finestone, 19 Tammuz (Wed./Thur.)

Volunteers Required:
We are in the process of preparing our rental house for use and require
volunteers to paint or/and wash walls.  If you are available please
contact the office with the dates and times available.  Whatever amount
of time you can donate will be greatly appreciated.   Phone 519-433-7081
or e-mail at office at bethtefilah.org.

Office hours week of July 14 - 17, 2014:

Tuesday    9:00am - 3:00 pm
Wednesday  9:00am - 2:00 pm
Thursday   9:00am - 3:00 pm

Friday July 18 to Tuesday July 29 office is closed.  Opens on Wednesday
July 30 at 9:00am.

---