[CBT Bulletin] Weekly Bulletin 17 November 2018

Beth Tefilah Office office at bethtefilah.org
Thu Nov 15 11:50:00 EST 2018

Shabbat Shalom!

Kiddush
The Kiddush for November 17 is sponsored by Congregation Beth Tefilah

Shabbat Times
Friday, November 16, 2018

Plag - 4:00 PM

Candle Lighting - 4:42 PM

Shabbat, November 17, 2018

Morning Services - 9:30 AM

Havdalah - 5:45 PM

Yahrzeits

Week of November 17 -23
Cecile Shore for her mother, Merril bat Avrahm, 12 Kislev, (Mon/Tue, Nov
19/20)
Barbara Lefcoe for her mother, Mildred Grobstein, 13 Kislev, (Tue/Wed,
Nov 20/21)
Jean Classic for her mother, Gladys Fuller, 15 Kislev, (Thur/Fri, Nov 22/23)

Shul Programs

Talmud Class
Rabbi Lazer teaches Talmud every Sunday morning after services at
approximately 9:45 AM. Current study is tractate Makot chapter two.
There will not be a class this Sunday as Rabbi Gurkow will be in Nashville.

The Laya Block Women's Lecture Series, November 20, 6:30 PM
A riveting lecture titled, Mikvah - What does it have to do with me?
Discover the history and relevance of the Mikvah with renowned scholar
Mrs Rivkah Slonim at the Jewish Community Center on Tuesday, November
20, 6:30 PM. The event will feature gourmet soup and a salad bar
followed by the lecture.
Admission: $36. Students $25. RSVP by Thursday, November 8,  email
womenslecture at gmail.com or call Elly Freund-Bell (519) 318 4634.

Chanukah On Ice, December 4, 4:30 PM
Join us for our annual Chanukah on Ice at Stronach Arena, Tuesday,
December 4, 4:30 - 5:30 PM. Skate around the Menorah at Center Ice to
the tune of Jewish music. Hold a candle and spread the light at the
giant Menorah lighting. Drinks and refreshments will be available.
Admission: member $5.00, non member. $7.00 family rate $20.
Stronach Arena is located at 1221 Sandford Street (between Huron Street
and Cheapside Street).

Sunday Hebrew School
If you would like to learn more about Time for Torah Hebrew School, or
to register your child for next year, please contact Rabbi Lazer Gurkow
at 519‑694‑7708 or Rebbetzin Basie Gurkow at 226‑234‑5022.

Weekly E-mail Bulletin and Rabbi's Message List
The Synagogue would like to be able to contact members by email to let
you know of upcoming events and meetings. Members are asked to provide
their email address to the synagogue by sending an email to
office at bethtefilah.org.

Members and non-members can also subscribe to the Synagogue's Weekly
E-mail bulletin list and Rabbi's Message List by visiting our website,
www.bethtefilah.org. Click on the link for email lists on the left side
of the home page and follow the instructions to subscribe.

Copy of last Board meeting minutes
If you want a copy of the minutes of the last Board Meeting, send an
e-mail with your name to s.levin at bell.net

Office Hours for November, 2018
Thursday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Our full weekly bulletin is available at
http://bethtefilah.org/Main/Bulletin