[CBT Bulletin] Weekly E-mail Bulletin

Beth Tefilah Office office at bethtefilah.org
Thu May 5 11:55:05 EDT 2016

Shabbat Shalom!

Kiddush:
The Kiddush on May 7, 2016 is sponsored by Congregation Beth Tefilah.

Service Times

Candle Lighting - 8:14 pm, May 6, 2016
Havdalah - 9:23 pm, May 7, 2016

Talmud Class:
Rabbi Lazer teaches Talmud every Sunday morning after services at
approximately 9:45 am. Current study is chapter five Ezehu Neshech .

Sunday Hebrew School:
If you would like to learn more about our Time for Torah Hebrew School
or to register your child please contact Rabbi Lazer Gurkow at
519-434-3962 or Rebbetzin Basie Gurkow at 226-234-5022.

Chai Five-Kids in the Kitchen, Monday, May 9, 2016 - 4:00 - 5:30 pm:
Learn how to make ice cream sandwiches, delicious shabbat desserts. Hear
an amazing story to repeat at your Shabbat table. Ages 5-7 and 8-11.
Supervised walking will be available from LCHDS departing at 3:45pm.
Admission $8.00 for members and $10.00 for non-members. Held at
Congregation Beth Tefilah.

Friday Night Communal Shabbat Dinner - May 13, 2016:
Services 6:45 pm and Dinner 7:30 pm. Delicious Shabbat dinner. Exciting
children’s program. Presentation for adults by Rabbi Lazer on Harmony
and Respect in Marriage. Single $30.00. Ages 3 - 12 $15.00. Free under 3
years. Family cap $90.00. RSVP by May 6th at 519-433-7081 or e-mail at
office at bethtefilah.org. Held at Congregation Beth Tefilah.

JLI Semester:
The Jewish Course “Heroes or Villians”,will Launch on May 17, 2016. For
more information or to register, please visit www.myjli.com or contact
Rabbi Gurkow rabbi at bethtefilah.org (519) 434-3962

Potluck Kiddush May 28, 2016:
Please join us for a potluck Kiddush on Shabbat May 28. If you would
like to participate in the potluck by sponsoring and preparing one of
the dishes, please contact Rabbi Lazer or Rebbetzin Basie.

Building Maintenance Fund

In the letter mailed out February 10, 2016 it was mentioned that the
Board had approved to request from each member family a $100
contribution to the Building Maintenance Fund in February, 2016 to cover
the increasing expenses on the Rabbi’s House, the rental house and the
synagogue. In order for our Synagogue to continue to maintain the same
level of programming, we must have solid buildings!

If you haven't already done so, please send in your contribution to the
Building Maintenance Fund as soon as possible.

NOTICE OF IMPORTANT BETH TEFILAH CONGREGATIONAL MEETING
Monday, May 9 at 7:30 pm – This meeting is a Special Meeting at which
time the members will vote on whether to sell one or more of the
synagogue owned properties. Only Full members, not Associate members,
are eligible to vote. In addition, after this meeting there will be a
regular, but shortened Board Meeting (that was missed at the Information
evening)

This meeting is needed to address the ongoing financial annual deficits.
There may also be a vote on whether to keep renting the rental property
on Adelaide beside the synagogue, to board it up, or to demolish it.

If you missed the information meeting and want a copy of the
presentation that was made, please contact Sandy Levin at
s.levin at sympatico.ca"

Yahrzeits -May 7 - 14, 2016:
*Carl Ehrman for his father, Joachim Ehrman (Yosef ben Shmuel), 27 Nisan
(Wed./Thur.)
*Nathan Schiff for his father, Harry Schiff, 29 Nisan (Fri./Sat.)
*Maxine Levin for her her grandmother Chaia Raisse Brozin, 30 Nisan
(Sat./Sun.)
*Moshe Yatziv for his mother, Yaffa Yatziv, 3 Iyar (Tues./Wed.)
*Morris Levin for his uncle, David Rachman, 6 Iyar (Fri./Sat.)

"Our 50th Anniversary Celebration":
Congregation Beth Tefilah will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in
2016 by a hosting a music concert titled "The World of Jewish Music".
The concert will consist of classical music by Jewish composers in
addition to Klezmer music. The concert will be held at the Wolf
Performance Hall on September 18th, 2016 at 3:00 pm.. Our feature
performer will be classical pianist, Shoshana
Telner(http://www.shoshanatelner.com). Also performing will be
violinist, Henry Krichker and cellist Lac Hong Phi.

We hope to raise funds to help continue the growth of Beth Tefilah
through this celebratory fundraising event. Please consider contributing
to one of the following categories:

Benefactor....$1,000.00 .includes 4 tickets to reception and concert
Patron........$ 500.00 .includes 2 tickets to reception and concert
Sponsor.......$ 250.00
Friend........$ 150.00

Ticket information will be forthcoming.

Contributors to these donation categories will be listed in the
anniversary program book.

For information, please call Danny Bell at 519-317-9232 or e-mail
btprogrambook at gmail.com

Office hours for May 9 - 13, 2016

Tuesday 10:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday 10:00am - 3:00pm